All overseas students are encouraged to submit an application to participate in the National Scholarship Program for International Students being offered by the Slovak Republic. The goals of the Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program for international students are to encourage student exchange, study, doctoral applicants, university instructors, researchers, and artists from all over the world to collaborate with institutions in the Slovak Republic.
The Ministry of Education, Science, Research, and Sports of the Slovak Republic is responsible for both the development and funding of the National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic (NSP). Students, doctors, university professors, researchers, and artists who want to continue their higher education in Slovakia can apply for scholarships through the National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic. These scholarships will allow them to continue their studies at higher education institutions and other research organizations in Slovakia.
Through the National Scholarship Program, the Government of Slovakia provides financial assistance to international students who wish to continue their education at one of the country’s higher education institutions in any of the subjects or programs that are provided there. Please read the whole post that has been written on the National Scholarship Program 2023 for more information and specifics.
National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic Details
|Organization||National Scholarship Program|
|University||Slovak Higher Education Instructions|
|Level of study||Research exchange for master’s/doctorate/researcher/university professors|
|Final date||October 31, 2022|
All interested applicants who are willing to avail the National Scholarship Program 2023 in Slovakia must meet the following eligibility criteria;
- Applicants must be international (of all nationalities except Slovakia).
- There are a total of three categories for the National Scholarship Program 2023 in which students can apply by following;
A) students Who:
- University students at universities outside of Slovakia;
- Those students of the second level of higher education (master’s students), or
- students who at the time of the application deadline have already completed at least 2.5 years of their university studies in the same study program;
b) Doctor. students
- whose higher education or scientific training takes place outside Slovakia and who are accepted by a public, private or state university or research institution in Slovakia eligible to pursue a doctoral study programtwo (for example, the Slovak Academy of Sciences) for academic mobility1 to study/perform an artistic research/stay in Slovakia.
C) International university professors, researchers and artists
- who are invited for a teaching/research/artistic stay in Slovakia by an institution with a valid certificate of eligibility to carry out research and development, which is not a commercial company and is based in Slovakia.
Duration of the National Scholarship Program 2023
As I mentioned, the Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program 2023 is the short-term funding exchange program to continue your research in higher education institutions of Slovakia. The duration of all the above categories is indicated below
- Duration of scholarship stay (students): 1 to 2 full semesters (i.e. 4 to 5 or 9 to 10 months) or 1 to 3 full trimesters, in case the academic year is divided into trimesters (i.e. 3 to 4 or 6 to 7 months). or 9 – 10 months).
- Duration of a fellowship stay (PhD students): 1 – 10 months.
- Duration of the stay of a scholarship (university teachers, researchers or artists): 1 – 10 months.
The National Scholarship Program of the Slovak Republic will cover educational and living costs, research/artistic or teaching stay in universities and research organizations.3 in Slovakia. and monthly stipend of
|a) university student of the second level of higher education||€400|
|b) doctoral student||€734|
|c) university professor/researcher/artist:|
- Academic Curriculum or CV
- Declaration of interest or motivation
- Curriculum/Research Plan/Research Proposal
- Two letters of recommendation
- Educational Documents (Results, Transcripts, Grades)
- Admission or Offer Letter
- Copy of passport
- Other supporting documents (if applicable)
Slovak Republic Scholarship Deadline
The latest date to apply for the Slovak Republic National Scholarship Program for international students is October 31, 2022
How to apply for a scholarship:
The process of this scholarship is online. Please refer to the link below to apply online or view the official scholarship announcement.