Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT: Applications for the Japan MEXT Scholarship 2023 are currently being accepted at the Tokyo Institute of Technology from international students located anywhere in the world. Scholarships provided by the MEXT to students at the Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT scholarships are offered by the Japanese government to international students with the intention of allowing them to pursue their higher education in Japanese universities while receiving complete financial support for their studies.
International Postgraduate Programs (IGPA, IGPB, IGPC) are available at Tokyo Tech for students from other countries who are interested in continuing their education toward a Master’s, Doctorate, or Integrated Doctoral Education Program (Master’s + Doctorate) and receiving a Fully Funded MEXT Scholarship. Students have the opportunity to apply to any program or field of study that is provided by the Tokyo Institute of Technology. These main areas include the School of Science, School of Engineering, School of Environment and Society, School of Materials and Chemical Technology, and School of Life Sciences and Technology.
International students have access to a wide variety of research areas and laboratories, where they can learn about the research interests and focuses of laboratories that are related to or relevant to their higher education pursuits in the form of Master’s or Ph.D. degrees or the Integrated Education Program.
Tokyo Institute of Technology MEXT Scholarships Details
|University||Tokyo Institute of Technology|
|Level of study||Masters and doctors degree|
|Term||December 7, 2022|
Department and Programs
- life sciences and technology
- Materials and Chemical Technology
- Environment and Society
- Applicants must have the nationality of a country that has diplomatic relations with Japan (International Applicants)
- have successfully completed 16 years of education outside of Japan or expect to graduate before enrollment
- For the integrated doctoral or master’s program: Individuals who have successfully completed 16 years of education outside of Japan or who are expected to do so the day before the date of enrollment.
- And for Ph.D.: Individuals who have successfully obtained a degree equivalent to a Master’s degree or a Professional Master’s degree from a university or college outside of Japan or who are expected to do so on the day before the date of enrollment.
- For MEXT: students must have at least 2.3 out of 3 scales
- People who are at least 22 years old the day before the date of admission.
- Language requirement: As the lectures and seminars are conducted in English, the Japanese language is not required for this program. Students, however, have the ability to attend Japanese classes on a regular basis to better adjust to everyday life in Japan.
Proficiency in English or Japanese and exemption
Applicants must be fluent in English or Japanese and meet one of the following conditions:
- TOEFL iBT (including TOEFL iBT Special Home Edition), TOEFL ITP Plus for China Solution (taken in Mainland China), TOEFL Paper-Based Test, TOEIC L&R
- IELTS Academic Module
- Have received or expect to receive an undergraduate or graduate degree from an institution where all instruction was conducted in English or Japanese at the time of enrollment at Tokyo Tech (Those may apply for the IELTS Waiver)
- Possess a level of proficiency in English or Japanese equivalent to that stated in (1) and be able to provide supporting evidence.
- 100% of tuition (covered by the TITech Tuition Reduction Grant)
- 144,000JPY per month for living expenses (amount subject to change)
- Air travel in economy class between the country of origin and TITech at the beginning and end of the program.
- Check list
- Application form
- Field of study
- Official Academic Transcript
- Certificates or Degrees
- Summary of thesis or research
- Proof of English proficiency
- Letter of recommendation (From the dean of the department or equivalent and addressed to the President of the Tokyo Institute of Technology (free format, original, no photocopies))
- Evaluation sheet with recommendation
- Tokyo Tech Faculty Consent Letter
- Applicant’s passport
- Application fee
Submit the TITech application by December 7, 2022 (for September 2023 enrollment).
How to apply for this scholarship
The process for this scholarship is online and by post, please see the link below to apply online or refer to the official scholarship announcement.